Saturday, August 09, 2008

cultural transitions do funny things...

...for instance: Recently, I have discovered in myself a penchant for listening to loud, fast, hard music. Not at home, where I would bother the neighbors, but pretty much anytime I'm in the car by myself. Thanks to my dear friend who prefers I don't broadcast her generosity, I have a car--did I tell people that?--for which I had to pay only $1.00, and this car not only has more horsepower than I've ever driven regularly before, but it's also equipped with a lovely stereo system.

On top of that, I've found myself becoming more open to creative influences--including influences in music--lately, partially due to culture shock reactivity, and partially due to some of the insights I gained by working through Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way."

All of which is how I found myself driving south at 70mph on I-35 yesterday, rocking out to Metallica (Stefan, you'll be interested to know it was that "Sandman" song ;o) and AC/DC and REO Speedwagon.

Understatement: It was fun.

Understatement: I miss the Autobahn. ;o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Courtney! I found you on here! haha

This was an amusing posts.
The $1.00 car ... and your music choices ;)

Yay!

Anonymous said...

"Exit light - enter night - take my hand - we´re off to never never land ..."

:-)

This rules, ehehhehe.

If you need more "heavy stuff" you know who´s the man ;-)

Thanks for your email!

Greetings from `da hood´
Stefan