Tuesday, August 10, 2010

focus, people!

“I believe in justice: but I am not a preacher of the gospel of justice, but the Gospel of Christ who calls us to justice. I believe in love, but I am not a preacher of the gospel of love, but the Gospel of Christ who calls us to love. I am committed to peace, but I am not a preacher of the gospel of peace, but the Gospel of Christ who calls us to peace. I believe in the value of the simple life, but I am not the preacher of the simple life, but of the Gospel of Christ that calls us to the simple life. Let us beware of the ultimate plagiarism of borrowing some great concepts from Jesus then running off proclaiming these concepts and not sharing the Christ [who] empowers these concepts.”

--Myron Augsburger
Former President of Eastern Mennonite Seminary, 1983.


"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and hurry on as if nothing had happened."

--Winston Churchill

No comments: