Wednesday, June 21, 2006

dream #92

Mwungu, The Rabid Goat

recorded June 21, 2006

One night several weeks ago, I dreamed that I was back in school (imagine that!), and I was sitting down in a math or physics class. There were lots of numbers involved, so I didn’t really know which kind of class it was.

The teacher was a really disturbing-looking individual, with beady little eyes, a long face, and puffy cheeks. As I studied him, I started thinking that he looked quite a bit like a goat; I almost expected to see horns coming from the top of his head. He talked in a rapid, excited way that made him seem a bit demented. I thought it wouldn’t be safe to turn my back on him.

As the class period progressed, it became clear that this teacher didn’t like students who didn’t understand everything right off the bat. Based on the appearance or hobbies of those students, he picked nicknames for them and used those nicknames to make fun of them. I didn’t answer one of his questions correctly, and he asked me what I liked to do in my spare time. When I told him that I enjoyed painting, he laughed at me and started calling me “Picasso”; but it wasn’t a compliment, of course.

After this had gone on for awhile, I started getting really angry. Finally, I just stood up and yelled at him to stop making fun of all of us and to start helping us learn, instead. I said, “Until you stop calling me Picasso and start calling me Courtney, I’m going to call you Mwungu, the Rabid Goat!”

Then the dream ended.

?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah-hu


And this means... What?

(What did you have for dinner?

thegermanygirl said...

Ja-9: I'm nothing if not entertaining. ;o) Love you too!


Ed: I haven't seen any therapists lately, so I haven't gotten an interpretation for this one yet. Meaning? I have no clue! Perhaps it was the sushi. Or the German sausage. ;o)