Sunday, November 19, 2006

update on NaNo efforts

This year's NaNo Adventure continues, at this point with my reaching a story impasse I'm not sure yet how to get through. My alcoholic heroine is having a fight with the man who won't admit that he loves her, and I'm not sure how it's going to end. Naturally, it all has to come out all right in the end, but I don't know yet how that's going to happen, either.

Oh well, why worry about it? In the meantime, here's a wonderful and extremely humorous distraction:

;oD I love it!

Also, Van and I got together for a little "write-in" today (and please note that we are well-armed with coffee!):

I think we wrote about 2.5 hours, and it was great! We decided we're going to do it again, though we're not sure when. We also want Joel to get in on the community writing action, so we're going to do the time zone coordination thing when he gets back to where he has Internet access.

In the meantime, I remain happily NaNoing away and trying to remember that there is actually a world outside of NaNo during November. (Who'd've thunk?)

Cups of coffee: 5
Frustrated pacings through apartment: 3
Possible Titles: 8
Characters Behaving In Unexpected Ways: 9 (meaning: all of them)
Times Brain Has Been Close To Fried: 7
Write-Ins: 1
Words: 31093

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah! Keep up the word count, and good luck with the rest!

Anonymous said...

An "alcoholic heroine {who}is having a fight with the man who won't admit that he loves her?" I thouht you said in an earlier post that you were going to write a comedic novel....?
lol
Keep up the good writing. Hope you'll be sane for thanksgiving. Wouldn't want the combination of Nano brain-frying and Turkey sedative to do you in :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha that comic strip had me laughing out loud! I love random thoughts :)

thegermanygirl said...

Patricia: Thanks for the huzzahs! I love huzzahs. They're oh-so-much more inspiring than hurrahs. ;o)

Bri: But it *is* a comedic novel! It just has a few random not-so-comedic sections. ;o)
Thanks for the encouragement, Bri!

Allison: I get a good laugh out of it every time I read it. It's such a great reflection of what the noveling life is actually like! ;o)

RE NaNo:Just today, I finished reading the complete manuscript aloud to myself, checking word flow and such. Now I'm ready to put the whole thing on the shelf for about a month, then come back to it with fresh eyes. Hopefully, when I come back to it, I won't discover that the whole thing is actually unpublishable drivel. ;o)
I'll probably blog something about this again in the near future. Stay tuned. ;o)