Saturday, November 25, 2006

the end approacheth

A brief update: On Tuesday, Ed and I will be leaving with the Eberhardts, a Sullivan, and a Möhler to go on this year's Bulgaria trip. You hear that?!? This year, I get to go, too!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!

But more on that later. In the meantime, I'm gleefully anticipating the end of this year's NaNoWriMo! Of course, my glee is quite tempered by the knowledge that I'm going to be traveling and in Bulgaria for the last three days of the writing month. Meaning: After Monday night, I'm not gonna have much time to write. I'm already wondering how I'm going to get to an Internet cafe on Thursday so I can get my word count validated and get my email certificate.

So, things being what they are, I've been writing furiously anytime I could write the last few days. Current statistics:

Cups of coffee: 10
Frustrated pacings through apartment: 12
Possible Titles: 9.5
Definite titles: 2
Characters Behaving In Unexpected Ways: 11 (meaning: all of them)
Times Brain Has Been Close To Fried: 13
Write-Ins: 1
Words: 44418

Words to go: 5582!!!!! You see that bright, sparkly thing??? That's The Light At The End Of The Tunnel!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying for a safe, productive, fun and inspiring trip. Of course, you may not know that til you get back, but we're praying for it anyway :)u

amy nickerson said...

Hey Courtney! I haven't responded on blogs in FOREVER...so don't feel so bad! Hope you're doing well since getting back. I've been painting a lot lately and I'll have to send you pics sometime. Take care!

thegermanygirl said...

Bri: Well, we might not have known specifically *who* was praying....but we did live out the good effectiveness of those prayers while we were away. :o) Thanks for thinking of us!

Amy: It's so good to hear from you!!!!! Don't worry about not being on top of the blog-responding thing. As you can see, I'm still not, either. ;o)
I would love to see your new paintings!!! Let me know when they're ready for viewing, or send 'em through email. Which reminds me, I still owe you one, don't I. I'm sorry I haven't written back yet! I'll try to make that a higher priority. :o)
Love you,
C.