Saturday, June 23, 2007

signs of life

Yo. I thought I'd give a quick run-down of the goings-on around here.

Last week, finished up our yearly 6-week Let’s Start Talking campaign.
Had a great team this year: Bekah, Erin, and Greta, who are/were students at Pepperdine.
Lemme tell ya, they rock the LST world.
They really swing the LST verge, if you will.
Or even if you won’t.
;o)
I won’t say too much here about the positive, encouraging effect the three of them had on me while they were here.
They already know. :o)
But they were part of helping me through a rough spot a few weeks ago.
God showed himself to me through them, right at a time when I needed it.

During the last five days, toured Chemnitz schools and marketplace with singing campaign from Oklahoma Christian.
This is the campaign that led Ed and me to Chemnitz.
And April and Clint.
And Karen.
And Stoltes and Carrolls and Martins to Dresden.
And a plethora of other people to other places in Europe.
And a whole kit ‘n’ caboodle of other people on short-term missions worldwide.
All thanks to two amazing people, Clyde and Gwen Antwine, just serving God where and when and as they can.
I can’t describe how much these two people mean to me.

Anyway, Clyde and Gwen (aka Dad and Mom/Queenie) are in Dresden for a few weeks, and they came to hear the campaign group (with us Chemnitzers) sing last night.
155 in the audience.
80 guests.
Clyde and Gwen led a standing ovation and made me cry.
We had two encores.
It was great.
People told us that they could see our love for God in our faces when we sang.
He definitely had the hearts and voices of our whole group in his hand.

Trying to keep up with the campaigners has shown me I am no longer 20.
This is a rather disturbing realization.
But I wasn’t too bright when I was 20.
So I still think 30 is pretty cool.

I’d like to write more, because a lot has been going on in my head/heart, but I don’t have time.
This is a weird blopgost.
But it was fun to write.
Gret’s “staccato” email inspired it.
I’m looking forward to some downtime this coming week.
But I’m also enjoying all the hullabaloo of late.
:o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
Thanks for the >>weird blopgost<< ! I loved your singing and the choir did an awesome and inspiring job! God is working in so many different and amazing ways and this weekend He did great things in Chemnitz!
Thanks for being part of His work! I love you sooo much...
Nine

amy nickerson said...

Court
You rock
My socks
off

Ich
liebe
dich

thegermanygirl said...

Ja-9: Thank you to *you* for always reading and commenting on my weird blopgosts! You truly are one of my fabled Faithful Readers, and I always appreciate it when I find a comment from you!

God was really with us in our singing his year. Not that he isn't always with us....but this year, I could really see him working in the whole group. Especially Friday night! If we were able to show anything of his love through our singing, it was because he enabled us to do so. Praise to God for his amazing work!

Amy:
You swing
the verge
of my artsy world

Ich
love you
auch!