Wednesday, January 09, 2008

today's migraine, revisited


The Excedrin never did seem to take effect.

However, I remembered that I still had a few essential oils remaining from the time I used them so frequently a few years back. (I stopped using them because the pure quality was so hard to find in Germany, and I couldn't afford to pay $50 in import tax every time I ordered some from the U.S.)

So a few minutes ago, I went to my stash and read the little pamphlet I have on the uses of some essential oils. I found lavender oil and peppermint oil and massaged some of each into my temples.

The relief was almost immediate. Where the pain-tension radiated outward from the center of my forehead, the cool of the peppermint radiates inward from my temples and seems to ease the pressure. As though someone were loosening that too-tight screw I mentioned in my earlier post.

The pain-tension isn't completely gone, but I am experiencing a definite relief. I'll keep using the peppermint throughout the rest of the day; perhaps it will eventually ease the pain-tension into nothingness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Courtney, where did you order the oils from? We are trying to use more natural/homeopathic remedies around here. Thanks!

Lana

Patricia said...

Courtney,

Where are you?

Your friend who does a poor job of commenting,
Patricia

thegermanygirl said...

Lana: I don't know if you'll read this, but: The oils came from a company called "Young Living," I believe. We got them through Ron and Doris B. at Britton Road, but you can probably find the company online as well.

Patricia: I'm here! I'm here! I'm finally answering comments! ;o)