Wednesday, February 13, 2008

conversations with a sleeping ed


A few nights ago, I went to bed just a little while after Ed, as usual. I read for awhile, then put the book away, took off my glasses, and switched off my bedside lamp.

As I was rolling over to get comfortable, Ed leaned up on one elbow, peering blearily up at me. I was getting ready to tell him good night again, when suddenly, he said, "Why are you all green?"

Thinking I'd misunderstood, I replied, "What?"

"Why are you all green?"

"What are you talking about?"

Then came the coup de grĂ¢ce. He blinked and squinted and frowned as though unable to find the right words. Finally, he asked, "Are you the Incredible Hulk?"

;oD

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Haha! I can't decide whether that's better or worse than being accused of being the Wicked Witch of the West. :)

thegermanygirl said...

Hee hee, I can't either!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that made my laugh outloud! hahahahahahaha Miss you guys!! :-) love ya, Frau

Anonymous said...

That's super funny! :-D
Love and miss ya, Ja-9

April said...

Ha ha! That made me laugh too! :)

thegermanygirl said...

3 German ladies: I'm glad you girls all got a good laugh out of this.....and miss you three and love you, too!!!