Sunday, June 22, 2008

brain gearing up for weirdness, apparently

So last night, in two separate dreams, I dreamed that...

1. there were worm-hatching larvae in my hair, and...

2. I was searching through my high school, Georg-Büchner-Schule (GBS), trying to find my Religion class because I was absent on the day they handed out schedules. While I was searching, I ran into my ex-boyfriend and his wife, neither of whom have, to my knowledge, ever set foot in Germany. And in the dream, he was happy to see me, which, considering the actual past, I very much doubt would be an accurate reflection of reality.

I go through phases of bizarre dreams. Many of these bizarre dreams involve GBS and being unable to find something or do something correctly. Since that was pretty much the theme of my real high school years, this theme in my dreams isn't really surprising. But the really bizarre ones--such as larvae in the hair, or tentacles growing out of the face, or vampires being driven back by circles on the ground and chants in pseudo-Latin--the really bizarre ones generally crop up only when I'm stressed, or there's a lot going on in my life that needs processing.

Therefore, it's rather peculiar that I should dream something so weird (not to mention gross) at this point in time, because I haven't been feeling stressed. Yeah, I've had a lot to process of late, but it hasn't been *bad*...and the larvae dream was gross enough to wake me up and make me go into the bathroom to check my scalp.

I don't know what the GBS/ex-boyfriend dream was all about. Maybe there's no real interpretation to these dreams, and they really are the result of a hyper imagination.

I could well believe that, actually. ;o)

4 comments:

Alisha said...

I think I'm going to have to go into the bathroom and check my scalp. Yuck!

Brian and I both had really weird dreams last night as well. Strange things.

thegermanygirl said...

And I had another disturbing one last night, too, involving a laboratory that kidnapped pregnant women. I was one of the thieves who thought she was breaking into an office building and then ended up helping to rescue people.
No clue where that one came from!

amy nickerson said...

Wow, sounds like you've been having some crazy dreams girl! I've been having dreams lately that I've been dying or trying escape in them. It's been rather disturbing!

thegermanygirl said...

Ooh, I'm sure Mr. Freud would have a field day with that. What's got you so worried?!? ;o)