Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Freud and the Old West: A Short Discourse on the Nature of Techno

Just FYI, this'll probably be my last post for a couple of weeks. As some of you know, I'll be in the States for two really super events taking place during the next ten days, and I'm guessing I might not have much email access. So please forgive me in advance for being incognito.

In the meantime, I leave you with this totally-unrelated-to-my-post but amusing quote from Curt Niccum's blog:

"Music has made a significant impact upon me in the last twenty-four hours. Perhaps this stems from the fact that I was lulled to sleep late last night by the constant thumping of the techno music broadcast from the neighboring hotel room. For those of you unfamiliar with this genre of music, picture fifty Sigmund Freuds hitting their heads on a brick wall in unison on beats one and three to a fast dance rhythm while fifty cowboys expectorate into brass spittoons and one hundred children rub heavy grit sandpaper on a chalkboard on beats two and four. Now, that describes GOOD techno. What I heard definitely never made that category."

--Curt Niccum, posted on July 8, 2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that post, too, Court. The whole post was quite funny.

thegermanygirl said...

Curt's sense of humor cracks me up.
I noticed today that the latest comments people made on his blog are missing. Wonder if that's a glitch, or deliberate deleting?