Wednesday, April 05, 2006

updating, reminders, and some great pictures

I've once again gone through my blog and responded to all comments. Just FYI.

Also, I need to write myself a list of things I need to write about. ;o) So that when I do actually have time and mood to write a few specifics, I'll know that I want to write about:

· my sermon at the German Ladies' Retreat in February
· my "epiphanies" resulting from the English-Speaking Ladies' Retreat in March
· Data's "Ode to Spot"
· the counseling class I'm taking

In the meantime, here's a family pic from this past Monday:


We took one with Pippin, too, but it didn't turn out as well.

Also, in the interest of promoting the fine arts, I bring you these shots of my father in costume for two operas he's currently in:


I bet I'm the only kid at the playground whose Daddy is both a mutant...

And a warrior from the Star Wars universe!

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

;oD


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR DAD HAS THE COOLEST JOB EVER.

thegermanygirl said...

I KNOW! ;o)

April said...

Those are fun pics!

amy nickerson said...

Wow, you're dad has the coolest Halloween costume options!

thegermanygirl said...

April: He has so much fun with his job, it should be illegal. ;o)

Amy: Yes...if only he were allowed to share the wealth! ;o)

Paul said...

...I have a new found appreciation for the opera...and Star Wars! How did they work that in?

thegermanygirl said...

I don't remember exactly.... But another cool thing is that the guy who helped the Darmstadt opera create the stormtrooper costumes is actually the guy who owns the rights to the production of all stormtrooper costumes worldwide. He bought the rights right out from under Steven Spielberg after the very first Star Wars movie! Now the guy travels all over the world selling these costumes to theaters and stuff.

Not a bad line of work. ;o)