Wednesday, September 20, 2006

NaNo 2006 is just around the corner!

Greetings, Person-Currently-Reading-This,

I just wanted to say that I'm starting to get excited about this year's NaNoWriMo! Click here if you have no clue what I'm talking about. Although how someone can go through life not knowing what NaNoWriMo is...it's beyond me. Just kidding. ;o)

No. Really.

Kidding again!

(But come on.....)

Gotcha! ;o)

Okay, anyway.....I'm excited for November 1st, 12:00:01 a.m., because that's the official starting second of NaNo. (Or should that be 00:00:01?) For my NaNo 2006, I've decided not to work on my current novel, but start a brand new one instead. Something funny, I think. I do believe I could use some funny. I already have some ideas and have jotted down some opening paragraphs--which I won't include in my final NaNo word count, of course. Naturally, I can't share the entirety of my idea here....but I'll go so far as to say my NaNo will be about a writer participating in NaNoWriMo 2006. In other words, I'll be NaNo-ing about NaNo-ing, and hopefully I'll manage to avoid writing myself into a corner.

As far as my current novel ("Triad," which I've been working on nearly three years) is concerned...I'm still not finished, but I'm still working on it. I'm still not noveling as much as I'd like to be, but now I'm at least up to writing once a week instead of only once every six months. ;o) My heroine has been successfully re-kidnapped by the marauders Joel insisted I add.....So Joel, I'm still indebted to you for that suggestion. ;o)

Said heroine needs to get a move on and get to the capital city, though. She's still gotta have a showdown with her evil, power-hungry grandfather, her psychotic brother, and the nomad who thinks she's supposed to marry him in order to fulfill a prophecy. Not to mention saving the country from an invasion, rescuing her little sister, and figuring out that she's really in love with the best-friend-guy, then getting best-friend-guy out of her rival's clutches.

*sigh* A heroine's work is never done.

No comments: