Saturday, March 10, 2007

something to make all our lives easier


Dear Gentle Readers,

(First of all, virtual cookies for those who recognize that reference.)

Secondly, I have something to share with you that lately has been smoothing my path through the world of blogging. This is something that Leenda showed me, so I'll give credit where it's due. ;o) Anyway, this grand, life-improving thingy is called "Bloglines".

Bloglines is a site through which you can subscribe to various kinds of blogs. "Subscribing" means that in your Bloglines account, you enter the site addresses (aka URLs) of the various blogs you read. Then, whenever you feel like checking a bunch of blogs at once, you just log on to Bloglines and see which of your friends has updated their blog.

In a nutshell, this means: You don't have to visit blog after blog after blog to see who has updated. You don't find yourself thinking, "Hey! I haven't checked Jimmy-Joe-Bob's blog in months! I wonder if he has updated?" All of the blogs you want to read are on a list in your Bloglines account. When you log in, you see immediately who has updated and who hasn't, and you can read each update right there, without visiting a bazillion blogs unless you actually want to.

And if you subscribe to your own blog, you can even see how many (and sometimes even which) people have subscribed to yours.

So, there you have it. If you want to check it out, click here: Bloglines. I'm finding it very convenient, and I'd be willing to bet that you would find it so, too. :o)

2 comments:

amy nickerson said...

Thanks for the info on Bloglines! I plan on signing up soon!

As for your comment you left on my blog...thank you SOOO much for the encouragement and prayers. Your support means a lot to me Courtney because I really hold you in high regard as mentor and friend. I would love your help on this project and I'll keep you posted. I'm not sure when the event will actually take place, but it will take a lot of prep to do it. I was even told it could take a year for everything. I don't know exactly. I'm still looking into things and I plan on talking to some people who could guide me more in this new area for me. It's exciting and a bit scary all at the same time! But every time I feel called by God, it's a mixture of both! Isn't that wonderful??!!

Take care!!!

thegermanygirl said...

Oh Amychen, I always appreciate the encourgement that *you* give *me*! You always have something to say that helps me feel like my thoughts and deeds are worth something. Yes, God encourages me in the same way...but it often helps to have a human source for that kind of support, too. :o)

I'm glad to be there for you! And I'm excited to see where this new calling from the Lord is going to lead you!