Monday, December 10, 2007

my secret recalcitrant side


I just read this phrase online somewhere, and I've decided that this is a good description of an aspect of my personality: a secret recalcitrant side. Of course, some might claim that it's not so secret; that they see this side of me quite frequently. And to those most learnéd souls, I must reply: You are absolutely right.

However, I also think that that to which you are referring is my occasionally self-revealing streak of obnoxious obstinacy.

My true, secret recalcitrant side? I don't think you've seen that yet. At least, most of you probably haven't.

There's really no other point to this post other than to say that I like that phrase and that I think it applies to me. I guess I could go into detail on just how my secret recalcitrant side manifests itself, but then it would no longer be secret, now would it? And then there really would be no point to this post.

3 comments:

Mintclartha said...

Hey Courtney,
Send me your new address via email. I'm actually doing Christmas cards this year.
Enjoying your tales of life back in Oklahoma. I remember when we moved back and I was so excited to finally ride a yellow school bus, even though I was 15. The excitement lasted about 2 days, but still it was something I had never done until then. :)

The Raabs said...

Except that in NOT revealing all you are showing us the recalcitrant side of your secret ..... ;-)

thegermanygirl said...

Mintclartha: Hee, I've still never done that!

I can't remember if I sent you my address back in December or not. Will remedy posthaste!

Scott: I am confused. Is that part of being recalcitrant? ;o)