Monday, September 20, 2004

The Christmas Song For The New Millennium

Matt (see Blogadocious link on far right) and I have decided to put our linguistic creativity to good use and try to make a little extra cash on the side by entering the lucrative world of songwriting. If you care to read below, you'll find our first attempt. I'll admit, we're still a bit shaky on writing music, so we're temporarily borrowing someone else's tune. If you hum "The Christmas Song" to yourself as you read, you'll get a hang of the melody and rhythm. Enjoy!

The Christmas Song For The New Millennium

Chestnuts roasting on open fires,
Jack frost nipping at status quos,
Yuletide carols being flung by choirs,
And folks dressed up apropos.
Everybody's nose,
Some turkey has a middle toe
That helps to bring the season's blight.
Tater tots made out of cookie dough
Will find a farty sleep tonight.
Paul knows that marmot's on his way,
He's loaded pots and pans and cooties on his sleigh.
And Paul's mother's child is going to fry,
And flee the reindeer who ate all the pie.
And so, he's offering this entrails' phase
To kids who cannibalized not a few.
Although they've been fed mini-guys many ways,
Some fried crustaceans will do.

by Marmot Boy and Court-knee

4 comments:

Mgam said...

You and Matt are geniuses (or would that be geniui?)!!! You will go far!

Anonymous said...

That was....creative. (Ok, I smiled, I admit it....)

Random link for you here...I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's good for a chuckle.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/howtogerman.html

-Patricia

Anonymous said...

I will be memorizing these new lyrics in preparation for caroling get-togethers this coming Yuletide season...

Bri

thegermanygirl said...

Mgam: Matt and I *are* geniui, but we haven't gone very far. We're unappreciated, and the cash we made off the song is running low. I think we're gonna have to start working on another one, just to get us through the rest of the winter.

Patricia: "Creative" is our middle names. Or something. ;o) I checked out the piratical German. Very cute. ;o) But accurate, as far as I can tell. There is, of course, some sailors' vocabulary that I'm not familiar with at all, no matter what language it's in!

Bri: Well, since we didn't get to carol very much, I hope you at least sang this to your kids before bedtime once or twice.