Monday, January 15, 2007

news and factual fun

News: Though I still have a little bit of congestion, I am over the sinus infection, a fact about which I am stupendously excited! ;o) Also exciting is the fact that I did find my camera. True to Courtney-form, I'd overlooked it where it was hiding in the wrong pocket of my purse. Go figure. ;o)

The rest of this post is something I did awhile back but never posted. I kept it as a draft against the day when I wanted to post something but didn't really have time to do anything about it. The day has arrived. So here ya go:

I know I can always count on Patricia to post something fun that I decide I want to do, too! Thanks, Patricia! :o)

Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year.

February 26th

NEAT FACTS:

747 BC - Epoch (origin) of Ptolemy's Nabonassar Era
1815 - Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elba
1991 - Tim Berners-Lee introduces WorldWideWeb, the first web browser

BIRTHS:

1564 - Christopher Marlowe, English dramatist (d. 1593)
1829 - Levi Strauss, German-born clothing designer (d. 1902)

DEATH:

1360 - Roger de Mortimer, 2nd Earl of March, English military leader (b. 1328)

4 comments:

Patricia said...

:) Thanks for the compliment!

I hope you celebrate your birthday in style---and in jeans!

thegermanygirl said...

You're welcome!

And not only in jeans--in makeup, nice hairdo, and highheels, too! How's that for blatant rebellion! ;oD

April said...

Cool idea! You might see it in my blog in the future too! :)

thegermanygirl said...

And I did! ;o)