Friday, February 09, 2007

10 random/weird things

Well, here's another idea I've stolen from Patricia's blog. Technically, I'm supposed to tag five other people to do this, but since I doubt anyone would respond to my tagging them, and since the five people I would probably tag are not at all likely to respond to my tagging them, I'm not going to tag anybody, but I will, instead, play the game all by myself for my own entertainment and for the amusement of hapless wanderers who find themselves sucked into reading my blog. *insert maniacal laughter here*

So. The point of the thing is this: List 10 weird things/habits/little known facts about yourself. Here goes:

1. I really like puréed, cooked spinach, boiled eggs, and mashed potatoes. Mixed together.

2. Superheroes (i.e. Superman, Batman, Wolverine, etc.) are one of my secret "guilty pleasures."

Not so secret now, I guess. ;o)

3. I don't eat my pizza crusts until after I've eaten all the pieces of pizza. Then, if I still have room, I eat one or two of the crusts.

4. Invite me over to your house. If your toilet paper is directed under the roll instead of over, I will gladly change it for you.

5. I cry at most movies. And at really random scenes. Like the scence at the beginning of "Fellowship of the Ring," where Gandalf arrives and Frodo is happy to see him. Yes, that makes me cry. The reason? I have no clue.

6. Most of my deepest feelings come out in my art and my poetry; I'm rarely able to speak them aloud.

7. One of my favorite mementos is a paperclip bent into the shape of a heart. I carry it around in my purse. (And no, I'm not going to elaborate on its significance.) ;o)

8. I always dream in color; I usually dream in stories (IMAX theater in my head); and I sometimes dream in German.

9. When I was a kid, I went through a phase of wanting to be an archaeologist. I even wrote a letter to Mary Leakey in Nairobi, but she never wrote back.

10. I have a faint, L-shaped scar on my bottom lip.


Ta-dah. ;o)

5 comments:

Patricia said...

#4 I knew, but the others are new to me!

Was #1 what your mom used to feed you? Sounds unappealing to me!

Anonymous said...

Did you have to put #1 first? It made me nauseous for the rest of the list. And btw, Patricia, it's what they feed kids in German kindergarten/school--my own daughter eats it now!!!

I totally do #3 as well, exactly as you've described it!!

I won't do a whole list on your blog -- I'll save it for mine -- but I will say that two things that make me really happy are being able to give exact change and an empty, freshly lined trash can... go figure.

Anonymous said...

my first thought was definitely how you first discovered #1. but the kindergarten story makes sense and calms any other explainations that were floating around in my head (ie. you just randomly throwing whatever's in reach into your blender in different combinations and seeing which one you might like...!). fun list!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
it's amazing how much you have posted since I have last read your blog... This one is something I am going to use for my blog as well, I think...
What's so wrong with #1 ??? I love to eat it that way. I guess it really is a German thing!
You have told me about #4 a long time ago and ever since you did I also notice and change it (sometimes)
Then I think about you...hihi... Is that not scary and the most random place to think about your bestest huggy friend?
I hope you still love me though!

thegermanygirl said...

Patricia: No, #1 was one of the meals they often served us at the after-school center ('Kinderhort' for Germans) where I went every day because my parents worked. I ate that dish probably once a month every month, 1st through 6th grade. And, unfortunately, I haven't eaten it since!

Bri: Oh, Bri, you're becoming such a German. ;o) I'm looking forward to reading your list!

Allison: Well, if you read my answer to Patricia above, you'll see it was Kinderhort that did it. I'm not that creative with food. ;o)

Ja-9: Well, when one is at home and sick, one has a lot of time on one's hands. And when one is a woman who can't leave the house but who also requires using a large number of words in communication on a daily basis, one uses the communication avenues most readily available.

;oD I crack myself up.

And yes, I still love you (of course!), even though that *is* a very odd place for you to be thinking of me! ;o)