Thursday, July 15, 2004

testing

Well, I tried to figure out how to post a picture in one of these things......  I went through (I thought) all the necessary steps, then hit "upload."  The nice little window told me, "Loading now, please wait," or something like that, and then the nice little window turned a lovely shade of white,and nothing else transpired.  This, of course, leads me to believe that I did something wrong somewhere.  No clue what.  Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and April (chemnitzchronicles.blogspot.com) will solve the mystery tomorrow and let me in on this most important secret in the elusive world of blogging.
 
"Blog" is one of the new words I've learned recently.  It's not a particularly new word, but I, personally, haven't used it very much, so it's still somewhat new to me.  I'm delighted that it functions as both a verb and a noun.  Now, I'll be looking for opportunities to use it as an adjective and an adverb.  For instance:
 
I feel the urge to write in my blog today.  =  I feel bloggy today.  (bloggy = adjective)
 
The adverbial variant of "blog" would, of couse, be "bloggily," which demands somewhat more creative thinking when one is considering actual use of said adverbial variant.  Hmm........the wheels are turning....
 
I received an email from Fran yesterday, and it was more like a blog than a letter.  =  In Fran's email yesterday, she wrote rather bloggily.  (bloggily = adverb)
 
Ahh, I feel better now.  ;o)
 
Another new word is the curious term "metrosexual," which I find highly amusing.
 
And, my third recent favorite, "janky."  My introduction to this multi-functional word I owe to Mandy, who used it pretty much on her very first day here in Chemnitz.  I love this word!  It can mean anything, and flexibility is one of the top qualities I look for in an adjective.
 
I'm going to scare you now by stating that I am absolutely serious about the aforementioned statements.  ;o)
 
In other news, I recently found out that Alice Cooper lives.  This surprised me, because I hadn't heard anyone mention Alice Cooper in years.  What surprised me even more was the realization that I really like his song "Poison."  I guess that makes me a heathen, but oh well.  Such is life.  ;o)
 
And now, I am going to bed so that I can (a) be conscious for the daily morning meeting with Ed, Clint, and April in about 9 hours and (b) have energy for the aerobic workout that I hope will take place sometime tomorrow.  I want to make "Buns of Steel" my friend, but it is a relationship that moves forward only very slowly and is often trying.  ;oP

2 comments:

April said...

Court,
You do scare me, but I'm pretty much used to that. I still love you! :)

thegermanygirl said...

I scare me, too, A-Dub. But don't worry--I still love you too! ;o)