Thursday, June 30, 2005

work-in-progress pic 1



Well, this is a tiny little picture in comparison to the two-foot-tall original, but here are a few shots of the painting I'm currently working on. I can say 'currently' because I worked on it yesterday for the first time in two months. *sigh* I so wish I had more time to paint...I really need it.

Just as an FYI....the gap in the middle of the bridge is intentional, as the bridge is broken there (see detail pic beloew). The gap on the far right, though, isn't supposed to be there and will be covered up at some point. "Where She Hopes" is very much a work-in-progress: the foreground isn't finished, the trees in the background need work, the stone pillar on the far right is incomplete, and even the girl needs touch-ups. So, though feedback is welcome, please reserve judgment till you see the final product!

Provided, of course, that I ever find time to finish. ;o)

4 comments:

Luke and Lauren Weger said...

nice job on the pics Courtney! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

I just realized that I haven't commented on this entry yet. Totally cool pic--I think this is turning out to be one of your best, especially as far as technique is concerned. I totally dig the hair!

p.s. her close up kind of reminds me of Faye Dunaway :)

thegermanygirl said...

Luke: Thanks! I'm kind of interested to see how it turns out, myself. ;o) I'm working on the foreground now, so hopefully it won't be too much longer. I doubt I'll have it finished before the jaunt to Oklahoma, though. So much to paint, so little time. ;o)

Bri: I see the resemblance! Totally unintentional, though. How funny is that! ;o) I'm glad you think this is one of my best. I put more thought into composition, use of color, and perspective on this one than most others in the past. I just hope I can do the foreground justice. It's becoming a bit more difficult than I expected. But I enjoy the challenge!

Prissy said...

Great blog. i have enjoyed reading every bit that i have been able to see. Twas interesting to see where my google search pointed me to, when i looked up the phrase 'when the boat runs ashore, the sea has spoken'...and it led me to your blog. please may i follow yours?