Thursday, October 27, 2005

more Pippin and some goings-on


Here are a few more pictures of our cute new kitty:






















In other news:

1. I have discovered that I'm allergic to rice milk. Since that's mainly what I've been consuming since I gave up cow's milk, this leaves me with soy milk as my alternative. That's fine with me--I think soy milk tastes better than both cow's milk and rice milk. However, a doctor one told me that I have slightly low thyroid levels and should stay away from soy. But another doctor told me my thyroid is fine. I don't know what to believe. So I'll be drinking soy milk. ;o)

2. Today I have an appointment with a dermatologist to find out what this spot on my nose is. I'm praying it's nothin serious--but the location of the spot (as I said, on my nose), as well as the color of the spot (red) and its shape (irregular), make me a bit suspicious. Hopefully, the doc'll just tell me it's a wart (as unseemly as that may be! but preferable to skin cancer) and slice it off (the spot, not my nose), end of story. I'll keep you posted.

3. Day by day, I also discover that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did.

4. Ed and I are very close to announcing our decision concerning our future. On November 1st, we will have been in Chemnitz for 4 years. Our original commitment was for five years. So we'll be letting everyone know we plan to do a year from now: stay in Chemnitz or go back to Oklahoma. If we stay, we'll have to start fund-raising again, so that alone might make the choice for us: If we can't find the funds, then we can't afford to stay. We've been praying about this decision and asking God for guidance--it's an agonizing choice, to say the least. We just want to follow God's will and go or stay where he wants us to be.

Hugs to all,
Courtney

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what happened with the spot? and by the way, you were a cute ladybug!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment about the kitty--he's a cutie! I heard that the "M" on the forhead means they're a true tabby. I love Tabby cats! Olivia will be excited. Your sad reminiscence of Ripley made me think of the movie "Little Women," where Jo goes up and sees Beth's old chest with her things in it and starts crying--and then she writes a novel!!!

thegermanygirl said...

Well, I also can attest to the fact that writing is therapeutic. That's why I do NaNo every November: one whole month of therapy to cover the psychoses for the rest of the year. Just kidding. ;o)

I'll post ladybug pics (thanks for the compliment! ;o) as well as a "spot" update soon!