Sunday, December 04, 2005

a few things about me

Yesterday? the day before? I wrote the following for my bio on Chessworld, so I thought I'd post it here for fun:

...What should I say about myself?

At this writing, I am 28 years old--an obnoxious whippersnapper to some, a hopelessly old-fashioned biddy to others. ;oD

I love snow, but I hate the cold.

I have such bizarre dreams that my husband has said I have an IMAX movie theater in my head at night.

I was born in McKinney, Texas, but grew up in and around Darmstadt, Germany.

I feel American when I'm in Germany, and German when I'm in America.

I suspect I'd be most comfortable on a liferaft in the middle of the Atlantic. Except that I sometimes get lonely.

Someday, I want to travel to Egypt, Israel, Africa, and Australia, to see what I feel like when I'm there.

I believe that God created everything that exists; Jesus Christ is his son; and his Holy Spirit lives in me and guides me in my daily life. I'm a Christian, and I don't have all the answers. I sin every day, and I can only be grateful that God gives me his grace so that I can approach him.

I've lost 16 pounds in the last 4 months because I stopped eating all wheat and cow's milk products. Except on Saturdays.

I have a bachelor's degree in English/Writing, and I intend to be a published novelist someday.

I finished writing my first novel when I was 15.

I believe, as Lowell Liebermann once said, that "We live in a sarcastic age. A lot of intellectuals are uncomfortable with genuineness."

I don't know who Lowell Liebermann is, and I have no idea where I found that quote.

Someday, I would like to be on an episode of 24, Lost, The X-Files, and Star Trek: The Next Generation, even though those last two series have already ended.

I think I could have been a great actress if I'd ever gotten into drama.

I'm enjoying writing this.

Scatterbrained as I am, I often don't pay attention to what I'm doing. Especially in chess, much to my friends' dismay. ;o)

I'm a terrible cook.

I enjoy writing poetry, but I don't do it often enough.

Sometimes, I get so impatient with others that I could scream.

I've never stood in an empty field and just screamed for the sheer release of it. I should do that sometime.

I should tell people more often that I appreciate them.

I named my cat 'Pippin' because I adore LoTR.

I have a heart arrhythmia caused by a malfunction of the vagus nerve.

In November, I wrote 50000 words of a novel entitled "Triad."

When I was 20, I broke up with my first boyfriend over the phone. He was in America, I was in Germany, and I didn't want to lie over email and say everything was okay.

I love chocolate, but I hate Marzipan.

Sometimes, I do enjoy being considered eccentric,which is probably why I'm styling my bio this way. But I'm really just a simple girl who likes to be silly.

Most of the time, I have trouble thinking of myself as a woman instead of a girl. How can it be that I'm already an adult? I think that when I'm 80, I'll still think of myself as a girl.

I used to wear only browns, greens, and blacks. But now, I enjoy wearing all colors--even pink, which I once hated!--because it's fun.

I think I'm done now. Anything else you want to know?

No comments: