Tuesday, January 03, 2006

me, being randomly opinionated

I'd just like to say that sometimes, I get really tired of computer-generated art. Stuff created in Bryce or Poser, or even just stuff colored in Photoshop. It all just looks too perfect, you know what I mean? Perfect parallel lines, perfect symmetry, perfect gradients of light and shadow. Where's the humanity?

Oh sure, it all looks spectacular, and computer programs are perfect for creating otherworldly images....But doesn't it all just start looking the same after awhile???

I'm bored with computer art, I guess. Give me the errors and imprecision and the mess of oils and brushes, give me a medium I can dig my hands into and digest with my imagination.

On the other hand, maybe I'm just jealous. *grin*

3 comments:

Mgam said...

From one artist to another: I don't get it?

amy nickerson said...

Hey Court! Glad to see you had a nice holiday. I'll tell you about mine some other time. I just wanted to say that I decided to do the "Courtney Diet", as I'm calling it. I plan on only giving myself one day a week that I get to eat what I desire, like you're doing, and the rest of the week I'll eat on a stricter diet. I've seen how it's worked for you and I'm convinced you've come across a good method! So, here's to dieting!

thegermanygirl said...

Matt: Well, since you're so much further advanced in the world of art than I, I wouldn't expect you to lower yourself to my level of comprehension. Rest assured that your superior education--in art and in all other fields of study--remains unassailed by the likes of little ol' me. ;o)

Amy: Good deal! Yay, I'm excited! There's a diet named after me! I have a following! ;o) Seriously, though, I really am excited that you're trying this. Let me know how or if it works for you! It's rarely an easy eating plan to stick with...but I can guarantee it's worth it! Start gearing up your willpower for Christmas 2006, though. I succumbed, and now I'm paying for it. (An extra pound or two and severe sinus trouble.) :o(

Keep me posted!