Monday, January 02, 2006

wish list & thank yous

***lists updated January 7, 2007***

For Wishes Fulfilled, Special Thanks To:

  • Joel for toothpaste and deodorant!
  • Karen for "Hitch"!
  • Mandy for B&BW goodies!
  • James for Cheez-Its!
  • Clint and April for the NT on MP3!
  • Kendra for Soundings 2005 & 2006!
  • Steve and Kristi for "Ferris," B&BW goodies, and Melaleuca toothpaste!&nbsp

     
    Courtney's List:
    I have moved most of my wishes to a Froogle list, which you can see if you click here!

Courtney's Non-Froogled Items:

  • anything and everything from Bath & Body Works
  • Victoria's Secret dream angels heavenly eau de parfum Spray
  • Victoria's Secret dream angels divine eau de parfum Spray
  • Victoria's Secret Very Sexy For Her eau de parfum Spray
  • Herbal essences body wash
  • queen-sized bedsheets
  • "Famous 2 -- The Finest Female Jazz Today"
  • a Caribbean cruise ;o)
  • a Star-Trek-style transporter, so I can go back and forth across the world anytime I want to!


Ed's List

  • the Old Testament on MP3 (He has something specific in mind, so you'll have to ask him about the details.)
  • "Gone In 60 Seconds" soundtrack
  • "Ray" soundtrack
  • "Ocean's Twelve" soundtrack
  • Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" album
  • Rockapella albums

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*pokes ya* You know, you DO have a frined who works at a Christian bookstore. CS Lewis is our specialty! Just tell me where to send it to!

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's that Portrait book by Pears? I've read all of his Art History Mysteries that I know of so far. Is this a new one?

thegermanygirl said...

Patricia: I'll glady take you up on that offer; don't know why I hadn't thought of it; must be senility setting in. ;o) I'll send ya an email!

Bri: Y'know, I can't even tell you where I heard about it. I just found it on one of my random Must Acquire At Some Point lists. It was published in 2005, and I don't think it's an art history mystery. Seems to be more about the relationship between an artist and his mentor, and how they went their separate ways, or something like that.
I can't think of who besides you might have told me about it!

Alisha said...

I know this is an old post, but I'm commenting here anyway. Have you read/heard of "The Shaping of Things to Come: Innovation and Mission for the 21st Century Church" by Frost and Hirsch? I think you would like it and find it applicable to the environment in Germany (in western cultures in general). I haven't finished reading it yet, but I'd still recommend it. I really liked "Wicked". Have you read any of Maguire's other novels?

thegermanygirl said...

Sorry, Alisha, that it's taken me so long to reply! Since this is an old post, I don't check it manually, so I forgot I still had an unanswered comment here!

So to answer your questions: No to both, unfortunately. I haven't heard of the Frost & Hirsch book--there are so many materials of that type that I want to read! Can never find time for them all. *sigh*

And I haven't read anything by Maguire yet, not even "Wicked"! I've just received recommendations of it from so many different corners, I'd like to check it out sometime.

Thanks for the visit and the comment!

April said...

You probably already know this, but in case you don't... there is a musical called "Wicked" based on that book and it is currently running on Broadway with Kristen Chenoweth (or however you spell it). I am a big fan of hers and I really want to get the soundtrack to the musical!

thegermanygirl said...

Oh yes, I know about "Wicked" the musical. It would be an understatement to say that my friend Patricia is a fan. ;o) I really want to read the book, though, before I see the musical or hear the soundtrack--though I'v heard they're both fantastic!

After watching "Phantom of the Opera" last night, I'm more in a musical mood than I've been in a long time. ;o)

Anonymous said...

you might wanna start putting some german goodies on there... ;-) love ya!!!