Thursday, January 05, 2006

soaps, movies, news, trivia, jokes, beer, football, golf, tennis, rugby

One of the social forums of Chessworld bears the above title. Somebody started a thread there to share their thoughts on each subject, so I thought I'd do the same here:

Soaps: Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea Anti-Bacterial Deep-Cleansing Hand Soap, and the Melaleuca Gold Bar (it's lemon-scented!)

Movies: all Star Trek films except "Star Trek V: The Final Frontier"; LOTR trilogy; "To Kill A Mockingbird"; "Galaxy Quest"; "What's Up, Doc?"; "Clue"; "What Lies Beneath"; and many more--I like movies.

News: I don't watch it, but I read Yahoo! articles on occasion. I've given up keeping current with news because I'm tired of all the depressing stuff and the spin the media put on everything.

Trivia: (1) It is physically impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (2) There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out, it would completely cover the Sahara Desert.

Jokes: I like them if they're not vulgar or bigoted. I'm not very good at remembering punchlines, though. ;o)
Duct tape is like the Force: It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Beer: Yuck.

Football: Always reminds me of gladiators, lions, and Christians in the Roman Colosseum. Fans screaming for blood and all that.

Baseball: I've been to one game in my life. It was neat, but I can't say I would ever make it a personal pastime.

Golf: I enjoy miniature golf (aka putt-putt) a lot! I think if I tried to play real golf, I'd hurt myself. Or others.

Tennis: Last year, I saw the film "Wimbledon," which was enjoyable, except for the vulgar language. (Why do people think that is so necessary?) I thoroughly enjoy Paul Bettany's performances, though I'm really not that impressed with Kirsten Dunst. (Her last truly great performance was in "Interview With The Vampire," in my opinion.)

Rugby: This word always reminds me of "Furbee" (Furby?), those funny little stuffed toys that supposedly speak their own language.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Soap: Irish Springs or Ivory bar soap
Movies: A lot of black and whites, Arsenic and Old Lace, 7 Samurai, Adaptation, Usual Suspects (anything with K. Spacey for that matter).
News: BBC and The Onion (you'd think I'd put the place I work but the Oklahoman escapes my mentioning)
Trivia: Showing teeth in the animal world is often a sign of aggression while in humans it is known as a smile.
Jokes: I respond better to cynicism and sarcasm.
Beer: Shhh, but I like ambers and darks.
Football: 49s are my favorite out of San Fransisco
Golf: No one watches that.
Tennis: I liked the guys from the 80s who got angry for no reason.
Rugby: No idea.

amy nickerson said...

Do you think by Soaps they actually meant what's your favorite soap bar, etc. or what is your favorite Soap Opera TV show? Kinda tricky.

My favorite Soap:

Dials of our Lives

thegermanygirl said...

Paul: If you like darks, try Guinness. Don't worry, I won't tell. ;o)

Amy: I know for a fact that they meant favorite soap opera, but since I despise all soaps of that sort, I turned it around on 'em. ;o) I like your choice of soap, though! If you ever produce it, I promise to be your most loyal viewer.