Thursday, February 16, 2006

coming weekend

Hi all,
Just wanted to give you a heads-up on my weekend plans. I'm leaving tomorrow morning to travel with Amanda and Gundi to a German Ladies' Retreat at Bergkirchen, near Hannover. The organizers for this retreat are the ladies from the church in Kiel, and they asked me to to a speech/talk/sermon/whateveryouchoosetocallit. My topic is "Trusting in God."

Since I've never attended this particular retreat before, *my task* is trusting that God will give me the right words to say. Strangely enough, I'm not nearly as nervous about speaking as I was before the Filzmoos Retreat in September. Don't know if that means that God imbued me with more peace of mind, or that I'm well-prepared, or that I'm just overconfident.

Whichever it is, I plan to have a good time with it. ;o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been blogging a lot lately--sorry I haven't been responding!!! Ah, these busy times. I'm glad you're more at peace and I'll be thinking/praying of/for you over the weekend. Enjoy your time :)
P.S.--lemme know how it went.

April said...

I'm sure you did a really good job!

Anonymous said...

I like to see the kittycat. I like to say "Corky!" and I like to be with the kittycat too. and I wanna be Fasching for ladybug-clown.

*this is a message from Olivia that I typed for her-Bri*

thegermanygirl said...

Bri: Well, hopefully I'll find time soon to post something about how the retreat went. First, I've gotta go to the Ladies' English Retreat and back!
And don't worry about not commenting frequently. As you can see, I haven't been blogging frequently either of late, so it's all good. ;o)

April: Thanks, you're a sweetheart! ;o)

Olivia: I'm so happy to get a comment from you on my blog! You really made me smile! The kittycat and I like being with you, too. I love you!