Sunday, July 01, 2007

health


So, guess what? I'm at home with a cold today. Actually, I've been mostly at home with a cold for the last two days. I'm feeling a lot better today, but I stayed home from worship anyway, so as not to contaminate the church. Since I have such a weak immune system and am susceptible to pretty much everything, I always get frustrated when others come to worship when they're sick. So when I'm the one who's sick, I suppose the least I can do is follow my own advice. ;o)

And this time, at least, I can pinpoint exactly why I have a cold: On Tuesday, Ed and I went to Dresden and hung out at the waterpark with the Dresdner Carrolls, the Oklahoman Andersons, and Jed the OCer. And, of course, I got water up my nose. But only twice! The first time, I forgot to hold my nose while going down the water slide. The second time, I was holding my nose on the slide but hit the water so hard that it knocked my hand away from my nose. The rest of the time, I managed to retain my vise-like grip and avoided anymore unwanted chlorine flushings.

Also, my whole system was weakened by a Tuesday-Wednesday middle-of-the-night bout with diarrhea. And, if you're at all familiar with my history of digestive and circulatory issues, you won't be surprised to learn that this middle-of-the-night incident was complete with an episode of almost passing out on the Carrolls' bathroom floor. Since these episodes no longer seem to be connected with any sort of heart arrhythmia, I'm starting to develop other theories about what might bring on the passing out or nearly passing out. But more on that some other time. Suffice it to say that Tuesday night, I had another episode which left me pretty weak for the next 24 hours. And made me more susceptible to cold germs.

I'm just thankful that it isn't a sinus infection this time! Wahoooo! Do you have any idea what a relief it is to have just a general, run-of-the-mill cold? ;o) Not that I'm relieved to be sick; but if I'm sick, I rather just deal with a regular ol' cold than a sinus infection complete with fever, dizziness, and achy joints.

For now, I'm stuffing myself with vitamins, flushing my sinuses three times a day, and sleeping a lot. April's gonna get onto me for not scheduling my surgery yet. ;o) I plan on getting it worked out soon, though! I'm aiming for the end of August, after Ed and I get back from Scotland. (Have I mentioned Scotland yet?) Either that or the end of the middle of July, i.e. after the 15th. But I doubt my doctor will be able to get me in that soon. We shall see. Updates shall follow!

4 comments:

April said...

It's just good to know that you have a time period in mind... I won't get on to you too much. ;)

Anonymous said...

Scotland??!?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Court,
too bad you missed the concert on saturday. I would have loved to see you there .... Guess what? I am sick too now. Probably the same cold kinda thing that you have to deal with. I hope you will get well soon... Then I will come and see you! Love ya, Ja9

thegermanygirl said...

April: Hey, at least I'm on a waiting list now, so that's a start! :o)

Patricia: Scotland! See ruminations of the sleep-deprived.

Ja-9: Hey, we just all need to quit sharing germs with each other. That's all I have to say about that. I'm sorry I missed your concert, too! If you do another one, I really want to be there!!!