Monday, August 15, 2005

Chessboard Parleys, Episode I

Since Matt (see links at right) gets so many comments on his blog, I'm going to try getting more comments vicariously through him. I know I'm artificially enhancing the quality of my blog, but I guess I'll just have to admit that I'm comments-greedy. Besides, Matt and I have such fascinating and highly intellectual conversations at Chessworld, the rest of you can't help but benefit. ;o)

So, without further ado, here's one of our best discussions to date:

mgam: Yodeling is fun!!
angeltwist: your mom's fun.
mgam: Especially when she's yodeling...
angeltwist: could she be persuaded to demonstrate?
mgam: Perhaps if you treat her with kindness and respect.
angeltwist: hey, i *always* treat your mother that way. i admire her for her patience.
mgam: I see. Hey it was good to see you while you were in the states!!
angeltwist: hey, right back at ya! oh wait.......no.......i guess that wasn't you, was it. oh yeah, you decided to go *somewhere else* while i was there. for shame, matthew! ;o)
mgam: Hey now, I waited and waited but once Eduardo told me you were banning me for a short while then I had to succumb to the pressure of others and depart qucikly....
angeltwist: what? banning you? io no comprendo, senior. has eduardo been spreading rumors about me again?
mgam: I hate to break it to you, but he has. He told me you were married!!!
angeltwist: oh dear. that's really going to cramp my dating style if word gets out.
mgam: I think George*** will be crushed!
angeltwist: oh no, don't worry. i've been saving him for you.
mgam: He does think I'm rather charming!
angeltwist: he really missed you this summer, you know.
mgam: I know. He writes me all the time and reminds me...
angeltwist: does he call you 'scrumptious'***? that's what he called april.
mgam: Did he really? That's so awesome. I wish he'd call me that!!
angeltwist: i dunno, you might not like it. april wasn't too thrilled about it.
mgam: Did he know what he was saying?
angeltwist: well, he said it in german, so i would hope so!
mgam: That sly devil...... How did Clint feel about that? I'm sure he was very jealous....
angeltwist: well, i think there ended up being a duel, but te pistols were loaded with blanks, so it all turned out okay.
mgam: Aren't 'te pistols' usually filled with blanks?
angeltwist: no, those are 'ta pistols.' the 'te' ones are meant to be loaded, but that's rare knowledge that you can only learn in the german education system.
mgam: See I knew I was missing out. on something by being educated in america.
angeltwist: hey, would you mind if i copy and paste some of our conversations into my blog? i think others need to benefit from the gems of philosophical wisdom we've been sharing.
mgam: No problem at all. The world needs some enlightnment...
angeltwist: then i shall proceed to do it the favor.


*** Changed to protect a certain individual’s privacy.

11 comments:

Mgam said...

That's one of the greatest exhanges I've heard in quite some time. I wish I could come up with something like that....or at least half of it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Courtney, this is from Matt's "Patient" mom. I'm glad you understand the depth of patience it took to "bring up" such a guy!!! Oh, and Matt, I don't think I know how to yodel. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Matt's mom, ***, I was wondering if you'd be commenting on this extraordinary conversation :)

Court and Matt:
I wouldn't call it Chessworld so much as "Bizarroworld", but that's just me ;)

amy nickerson said...

I find it rather amusing that I know who *** is. I have the power to reveal it to the whole world! muhahahaha! But I won't. Anyway, this conversation doesn't shock me, considering how I know you both to be rather (insert any crazy word of choice) people. Keep bloggin' and I'll keep reading (as long as you read mine!!!)

Smileyneel :O) said...

Hey Court, what a great idea, you're sure to win in the race to have more comments on one post than Matthew!
Matt's mom, when I read that I thought "Wow, now I know the real reason we're going to Warsaw to visit. How much fun will that be to try yodeling in Warsaw!!"
Amy, how is it that you know who *** is and live in Dresden and I live in the same city as Court and April and am not quite sure who *** is, although I could make some interesting guesses!!!! hahahaha

Mgam said...

Bri: This world is very normal. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Matt's Mom: You should take offense at Courtney's reference to you being fun as we all know you aren't.

amy nickerson: my word choice is amazingly intellectual and inspiring. Thank you!

Frau: You'll have to really hound Matt's mom to get her to yodel and the reason you don't know who *** is is due to the fact that you're oblivious on top of being gullible!! ;-)

thegermanygirl said...

Matt: I wish I had come up with half of this brilliant conversation, too. It would probably be enough to get me a grant for a master's degree program.
And you shouldn't call Frau gullible. Remember, she knows where you live.

Matt's "Patient" Mom: After spending time with Matt, I can definitely empathize with what deep and abiding patience you must have. I'm sure some of his past shenanigans have at least made you *want* to yodel in frustration.

Bri: Well, since you yourself are registered at "Bizarroworld," as you call it, methinks you don't have much room to talk! ;o)

Amy: I must pay you the compliment of calling you "meek," since one of the definitions of that word is "power under control." Thank you for keeping yourself in check as far as revealing the identity of ***. Your self-control is most admirable and exemplary.
And don't worry--your blog will never suffer from neglect from me!

"Frau" Smiley: I do hope you get to yodel in Warsaw. When you, Leenda, and Marion have perfected your yodeling trio, I want a copy of the recording. Oooh, you three should yodel at the annual Chemnitz Christmas Coffee!!!

I had no idea that the mystery of ***'s identity would spark so much curiosity! As a matter of fact, everyone who has commented on this post so far (except for Holly) knows ***! I just didn't think it would be kind of me to reveal ***'s identity and faux pas to the world and so make *** the butt of a joke.

Anonymous said...

I realize that I'm registered in "Bizarroworld," however, I discovered quite early on that I was too "normal" for them and took a hike. They keep writing me emails, though and beg me to come back.

Mgam said...

Bri, sorry. I'll stop sending those emails. Bizarro Matt

April said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I've never read this post before! I guess I missed out! I laughed soooo hard! It took me a minute to realize what you were talking about, but not too long! :) ha ha ha

thegermanygirl said...

See, that just goes to show that good comedy never gets stale. Thanks for confirming that for us, A-Dub.
Oh, and by the way, you were right: Clicking on that link did bring me right to this post. I can't believe that in two years of blogging, I never figured that out. I'm so brilliant, I could bite myself in the butt.

Not literally, of course. ;oD