Monday, August 29, 2005

think about it

There is an old story that one day, Satan gathered his assistants to discuss the most effective method of destroying meaning in people's lives.

One assistant suggested, "Tell them there is no God."

Another said, "Tell them there are no consequences to their actions."

A third proposed, "Tell them they have strayed so far from the right path, they will never be able to change."

Satan considered these proposals carefully...and then a smile slid slowly across his lips. "No," he said calmly. "Such things will not matter to them.

"I think we should simply tell them, 'There is plenty of time.'"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a clever one, Satan. Gets me all the time.

thegermanygirl said...

Me too.

amy nickerson said...

I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.
- William Shakespeare

Mgam said...

Veralid point!

thegermanygirl said...

Amy: I don't think you should be using my blog as a forum to talk about getting wasted. ;o) Seriously though...thanks for sharing the quote! I love quotes, and I love Shakespeare, so the two together are just about perfect. ;o)

Matt: Indeed. :o)