Tuesday, August 23, 2005

scary televangelist

This is a scary little article. People like Pat Robertson really make Christians and Christianity--and God, to be more precise--look bad, making us out to be radicals howling for the blood of those who don't do what we believe is right.

Jesus never called for the assassination of a politician. And he, more than anyone else, would have had the right to do so. This substantiates my belief that Christians have no business getting involved in politics. That's not why God put us on this earth. We're supposed to be light for the world...we're not supposed to be adding to its darkness.

2 comments:

Mgam said...

Wow. That's interesting that he would come right out and say that. It's one thing to feel that way and another entirely to openly broadcast such ideas in such a public forum. Especially when claiming to be a Christian. Thanks for sharing. Just think if we'd been dumb enough to elect this guy!!

thegermanygirl said...

Until I read that article, I didn't even know he ran for president. I'm thankful God didn't let that happen. I appreciate politicians who exhibit faith...but they also frighten me, because all politicians in high places seem to compromise their principles at some point or another.
I question whether even "Christian" politicians can make it to the top without accomodating Satan at least once.