Sunday, August 21, 2005

crooks, cable, and the county jail

James blogged an interesting post today.

I've always been quite perturbed at the fact that criminals seem to have all the amenities of home, which some of us law-abiding citizens don't even have. (I.e. cable access, hello???) I have always maintained, and will continue to maintain, that a person who breaks the law automatically gives up any rights attached to the law of his country... I don't know if this is still the case, but in many countries in the past, criminals lost a hand when authorities caught up with them.

I'm all for rehabilitation...but the chop-off-the-hand method seemed to have worked fairly well. Make the punishment uncomfortable enough, and the criminal won't repeat his crime. Simple matter of logic.

No comments: