Sunday, August 14, 2005

my blog got spammed!

In my sojourn here on earth, there are only a few things in my personal experience that really make me see red. Arrogance, rudeness, and obstinate stupidity are three of the culprits. UNWANTED ADVERTISING happens to exemplify all three of these distasteful characteristics.

This morning, a Blogger registered under the username glok41kcab arrogantly and rudely spammed my blog with a stupid healthcare ad! When I checked my email, I found that this person had left two comments on my blog, both of them a page-long ad for some health care product or somesuch. This really irritates me. This person just blatantly uses MY blogspot to try pandering their silly product! Good grief, if I WANTED their silly product, I would've gone out searching for it!

Hey glok41kcab , if you want to advertise on a blog, THEN GET YOUR OWN!!! Stay off of mine!

I managed to find one of this intruder's comments and delete it, but I haven't been able to track down the second one. I will send a package of neat German paraphernalia and goodies to any of you, my friends out there, who care to hunt down this elusive piece of sludge for me so I can eradicate it.

I hate uninvited advertising! And that goes for all ads on TV and radio, too!

Whew. Okay, thanks for listening. I feel better now. ;o)


********** 4:57 p.m. **********

They got April, too! On April's blog, under the username cboo6jqlt48peir, they posted the same rude, stupid ad! Batten down the hatches, my blogging friends--apparently, we're all under attack from these arrogant spammers!

Never give up, never surrender!!!

6 comments:

Mgam said...

They got me too last week. I took care of them. I deleted their brain along with the post.

thegermanygirl said...

Unfortunately, I think they managed to clone their brain before you caught up with them.

Anonymous said...

That's the reason we started out with the option that each comment must be approved by us before it reached the blog, because we were getting so much spam. Funnily enough, it slowed down and now that it's gone our comments are posted right away. But our spam didn't seem to be by someone in particular, just lots of someones. I guess I got a little callous to all of it, but your post brings back some of my emotion about unwanted spam that I felt in the early days when I was invaded constantly.

DOWN WITH SPAMMERS! BY GRABTHA'S HAMMER, YOU SHALL BE AVENGED, COURTNEY!

thegermanygirl said...

Thank you, Bri! I knew you'd come to my rescue! Hail the Sons of Worvan!

I wish Blogger had one of those "type the word you see" fields. They can get annoying, but I'd definitely appreciate the extra protection from spammers!

Mgam said...

Hey there is another option too if you want to prevent this from happening. Check this option out Word Verification

thegermanygirl said...

Thanks, Matt, that is exactly what I was looking for! I plan to enable that function on my blog if I get spammed again. Till then, I'll let commenting remain convenient. Not that I get a plethora of comments, anyway! ;oP