Monday, March 06, 2006

i return....bearing a survey

Well, April tagged me to do this, and I’m glad she did, because it’ll get me back into blogging mode. I’m tellin’ ya, I was born to write for an audience: When I get no feedback on my blog, I get bored with it. Stuff goes into my private journal and never sees the light of blog. So COMMENT, people! Let me know you’re out there! ;o)

So, this survey:

Four jobs you have had in your life:
1. 1998-1999. Enterer of vehicle information and parking ticket records in the Security Office of Oklahoma Christian University. Woo.
2. February-May 2000. I worked at Lakeshore Learning Store (May Avenue, Oklahoma City), stocking shelves, filling orders, and running the register, but I don’t remember what my official position was. Clerk?
3. July 2000-May 2001, July-October 2001. Correspondence Representative at Midland Mortage Company, Oklahoma City. Never get a 30-year mortgage. 15-year is the only smart way to go.
4. November 2001-present. Missionary: teacher, counselor, innkeeper, organizer, mentor, writer, artist, janitor, interior decorator, construction worker, friend, sister, wife, and using all these roles to tell others about Jesus in Chemnitz, Germany.

Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Lord of the Rings ("Po-TAY-toes!")
2. What’s Up, Doc? ("Don't you dare strike that brave, unbalanced woman!")
3. Gone with the Wind ("It ain' fittin', it jes' ain' fittin'!")
4. Benny & Joon ("Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese.")

Four places you have lived:
1. McKinney, Texas. (I don’t remember it.)
2. Darmstadt, Germany. (“Darmstadt” means “Intestine City.”)
3. Edmond, Oklahoma. (“Edmond” is the name of the main character in “The Count of Monte Christo” by Alexandre Dumas.)
4. Chemnitz, Germany. (It was Karl-Marx-Stadt before the Wall fell in 1989.)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. The X-Files
2. Lost
3. 24
4. American Idol
(I would add Gilmore Girls, but it hasn’t been impressing me lately.)

Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Florence, Italy. (One of the most beautiful cities on earth.)
2. The Ring of Kerry, Ireland. (I want to live there.)
3. Stoupa, Greece. (Want a perfect coastal Grecian village? This is it.)
4. Creede, Colorado. (Yeah, I think I left a piece of my heart up there.)

Four websites you visit often:
1. http://letsplaychess.com
2.
http://www.yahoo.com
3.
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/elfwood.html
4.
http://dict.leo.org

Four of your favorite foods:
1. Chocolate. Anything.
2. Greek: Bifteki, souflaki, tzatziki.
3. Sushi: Anything, so far.
4. Mexican: Guacamole, chiken fajitas, spinach quesadillas, and sopapeias.

Four "places" you would rather be right now:
1. A beach in Hawaii.
2. A log cabin in Colorado.
3. Jerusalam or Cairo. (I want a vacation, can you tell?)
4. Heaven.

Four people who are tagged to do this:
1. Ed C. (Though I doubt he will.) ;o)
2. Matt G. (I’m not sure he will, either.)
3. Leenda L. (She might, if she has time.)
4. Patricia M. (And I'm 99% sure she'll go for it!) ;o)

3 comments:

Mgam said...

Sorry Courtney!! I got distracted and forgot to mention the spoiler part! I was lying anyway....please forgive me... B-)

Anonymous said...

I like the new pic! I didn't know you liked Greek--I know this fabulous little Lebanese joint--next time you come to Wichita, I'll take ya!

thegermanygirl said...

Matt: Don't worry, I'll always forgive you for lying. But if you give away too much of one of my shows, you'll have to work hard to get back into my good graces. ;o)

Patricia: You've got a deal! I've never had Lebanese, but I'm up for anything exotic!