Monday, March 17, 2008

dream #145


Drowning People of All Nations, Unite!

Last night, I dreamed that I was in Communist East Germany, and the Stasi were chasing me. I tried to hide in a skyscraper that was an apartment building. But as luck would have it, the Stasi had chosen that particular building in which to kill all of the occupants by drowning. I was caught up in the chaos of fleeing people and Stasi officers’ giving orders.

Somehow, I ended up pushing myself through a crowd on the stairs and getting into the basement. I thought I could find some loose boards among the panels that covered all the windows. But somehow the Stasi had managed to make the whole building watertight. They began pumping water in, and the basement started to fill up. Together with a few others who had kept their heads, I found a section of boarding that was loose. By holding our breaths and diving down to the floor of the basement, we managed to pry the boards away, let some of the water out, and help a few people escape before swimming to safety ourselves.

When I emerged from the basement, I found the streets full of people and Communist troops. A full-scale revolt had erupted, and the citizens were taking up arms and fighting back. I joined a crowd that was standing on some crumbling concrete steps, listening to a man give a revolutionary speech. A lot of the people had weapons that looked like shotguns. Then the dream ended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness... You still have those CRAAAAZY dreams... :o) I find it funny that one of the labels is "Germany" though... When someone tries to find out what all you wrote about this *beautiful* country (s)he will find mad Stasi people :o)
Love ya

thegermanygirl said...

Well, hopefully most of my readers will are able to tell the difference between dreams and reality. As for the ones who can't...well, they have more problems than just having a skewed perspective on Germany. ;o)

I love you too!!!