Thursday, March 13, 2008

they might be germans

Today, I've had "Particle Man" stuck in my head for some reason, and as I was unloading the dishwasher, I randomly started singing it to myself in German. So here's a snippet of translation for your enjoyment:

Partikelmann, Partikelmann,
er tut was ein Partikel kann.
Ob er lebt ist unwichtig,
Partikelmann.

Isser 'n Punkt?
Oder isser 'n Fleck?
Wird er unter dem Wasser nass?
Oder durchnässt er das Wasser selbst?
Keiner weiss,
Partikelmann.


Ta-dah.

P.S. For my German friends: "Particle Man" is a song by a group called They Might Be Giants. And all this has led to singing the politically rather incorrect "Drie Chieniesien miet diem Kientriebiess" in my head. I don't know why.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Have you seen the TMBG podcast for kids? I don't think you have to be a kid to enjoy them.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh my goodness... I did not know this song till just now when I watched serveral versions of it on youtube... Is this sooo >sinnlos< but funny... Does everyone know that over there!?!? It made me laugh, especially the thought of you singing it in German... =)
You're just too funny...
Happy Easter, Love ya,
Ja-9

thegermanygirl said...

Alisha: No, not yet! Didn't know much a thing existed. I'm not up on podcast stuff...

Ja-9: Sinnlos, yes...but i find that most people over here know that song, or at least know the group. I never heard of them until I went to OC. I'm glad I gave you a good laugh!

BIG HUGS!!!