Monday, September 05, 2005

image and description of rejected pic

Please disregard the date above. I posted this here for the sake of convenience on August 17, 2006.

Picture:

Description:

'Prophetess of the Dragon'

Painting created sometime in 2001. I saw a glass head in a store. It was one of those glass heads intended for displaying hats. I saw this glass head, and I knew I had to have this glass head. I knew I had to paint this glass head. So I bought this glass head and painted it. Ta-dah. ;o)

I call her "Prophetess of the Dragon" because when I was finished with her, I realized that she's the perfect representation of a race of prophetic, elf-like creatures in the fantasy trilogy I've been writing since my late teens. Exactly what the "Dragon" part means, I don't know yet. (No relation to Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series, I assure you!)

She now sits atop a huge sideboard in my livingroom, surveying her domain from above and weirding out first-time visitors to my apartment. ;o)

Someday, I will buy more glass heads and paint them, too.

Oil paints on hollow glass head-shape, young adult human head size. Photo taken by me; used
with permission. ;o)

Uploaded August 2006.

No comments: