Sunday, September 04, 2005

announcing two blogs

Gentle Readers,

I would like to point you in the direction of two blogs:

1. Chocolate Fighters
This blog is for (A) all of you health-conscious crazy people who want to join the crusade against chocolate together with Vanessa and me, and (B) all of you possibly more realistic people who'd like (a) to read about how tough it is to give up chocolate and (b) to laugh at those of us who are making this nutty attempt. As part of an attempt to live and eat healthier, Vanessa and I have decided to give up chocolate, and she started a blog about it, which I suspect is going to be more of a support club/therapy group.

For those of you who know me, you already know that my giving up chocolate is more than likely to put me in therapy, anyway. ;o)

Just FYI, most of the Chocolate Fighters blogposts will be in German, but I plan to make mine in English for my non-German-speaking readers. I'll be posting under the name "noMerci."

2. Opera Singer's Daily
I am most pleased to announce that my dad, Bill Weger, has a blog! Over the last 25 years of living as an American opera singer in Germany, Daddy has gotten multiple thousands of questions from people wanting to know what it's like to be an American opera singer in Germany. So, finally, modern technology has given him the perfect tool for answering these questions all in one fell swoop. Over the years, his operatic adventures have ranged from watching a fellow singer getting her toes cut off, to performing in truly beautiful productions of shows such as Aida, Don Giovanni, Zauberflöte, La Bohème, and My Fair Lady, among dozens of others.

His blog is brand-new, but I'm sure if you ask, he'll be more than happy to regale you with some of the more eye-popping tales of life in the operatic theater. :o)

You'll find links to both these new blogs here.

No comments: