Saturday, August 12, 2006

pictures from the Sächsische Schweiz

I'll be posting pictures for the next few days, depending on how much time I have. Might do the rest tomorrow, who knows? Here's the first batch, though:

Last month, our friends Jerry and Cindy came for a 2-week visit, and we had a blast! One day, we went to the "Sächsische Schweiz" ("Saxon Switzerland") and hiked around on a mountain. Here are a few pics from that day. I recommend clicking them to see the larger versions!


A view of the bridge we crossed in order to get to the main hiking trails.


Ed, Cindy, and I after hiking down the mountain and back up. Ed wanted us to act like we were out of breath (which we were!), but Cindy and I opted for gracious smiles, instead. Sorry, Ed! ;o)


A view of the Elbe River and the valley from the top of the mountain (close to where the bridge is).

I could post sooooooooo many gorgeous pictures of that day, it would take me hours to upload them all! This area of Saxony is one of the most beautiful and naturally mysterious places I've ever been. If you ever come visit Ed and me here, tell us to take you to Saxon Switzerland! :o) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! Ed looks..like he's talking, which is something I'm prone to do while I'm supposed to be posing, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been to your house a bunch of times and you never offered to take ME to the Saxon Switzerland!?!

hee heee

I guess since I'm closer I should have taken YOU. :)

Sounds weird to call it that, by the way.

thegermanygirl said...

Patricia: Oh, that's sweet of you! Thanks. :o) When Ed saw the picture, he said the same thing--that he was in the middle of saying something! ;o)

Bri: Well, I guess you *should* have taken me! ;o) Hey, since we were talking about getting together....maybe we should take a field trip up there! I bet the kids would love it. Saxon Switzerland....you're right, does sound kind of funny. ;o)