Monday, August 28, 2006

the precious commodity of information

Here's something really cool I found today, something that will be of immense value to my Faithful Readers who are German....and, probably, to some of my Faithful Readers who are native English speakers, too. ;o) I'm finding uses for it myself.

It is........(drumroll, please).........an English verb conjugation engine!!! You type in the infinitive form of a verb (i.e. eat, sleep, go, forbear [which is the one I typed in]), click "GO," and it gives you the conjugations of that verb in various tenses (i.e. simple present, simple past, future perfect, etc.; though it doesn't provide progressive tenses, which I find a bit negligent). An excellent tool for anyone wanting to be sure of correct verb conjugation. Enjoy! (I did.) ;o)

A further thought on information as a valuable commodity..... The exchange of information is so very, very important. For instance, Ed has been studying the Bible with one of our new contacts from this summer's Let's Start Talking campaign. She has been studying with someone from the church since the beginning of May. Today, through conversation (READ: information exchange!), Ed found out that she has been thinking that everyone in the Chemnitz church lives together. Meaning, she thought we were a commune!!! That made me laugh--not because I'm making fun of her, but because it's such a funny concept, all of us living together. We love each other, but I don't think we'd survive! ;o)

Anyway....I thought it was good that Ed could give her the correct information to correct her mistaken impressions. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is "boughten" a word? As in "I had boughten a bouquet of flowers." People around here use it a lot, and it just doesn't sound right.

thegermanygirl said...

Well, I suppose one could call it a word, since it's used in a certain dialect. However, if you're asking for correct verb conjugation, then "boughten" definitely falls outside of that category. ;o)