Saturday, August 12, 2006

a self-quiz

(I wrote this on August 5th but hadn't posted it yet because I couldn't get the picture to upload.  *sigh*  Sometimes, computers are a true bane of my existence.)

In honor of all the quizzes that are popular in this, the Information Age, I bring you this quiz that I just made up on my own, because I wanted to.

NAME THREE THINGS YOU'RE IRRITATED ABOUT RIGHT NOW:

1. Mel Gibson. This whole DUI/Antisemite thing of his: What is the man thinking? First of all, he is WAY old enough to know better. About the DUI *and* about the Antisemitism. There's just no excuse for such childishness. Second and frankly, he's making God and Christianity look bad. And lest anyone accuse me of being judgmental: Yes, I sin. Yes, I make stupid mistakes. I'm no paragon of virtue, I'll readily admit. BUT, by touting his film "The Passion" as a tool for teaching others about Jesus, Gibson has set himself up as a teacher of God's truth. It seems to me that he has forgotten what James 3:1 has to say about that.
Mr. Gibson, shame on you.

2. splash! Long story short: splash! is the biggest hip-hop festival in Europe or something like that, and it's held in Chemnitz every summer. I don't care for the hip-hop genre in the least...however, if people want to listen to it, that's their business. BUT! This 4-day, so-called "music" festival takes place at a lake about two miles from my apartment building. Which means: Our street and local grocery store are daily filled with individuals of a rather unsavory persuasion who not only act as though they own everything, but also leave their trash *everywhere*. Our street is starting to look like a dump. Plus, after the festivel is over, it takes the city over a week to clean up the lake and its surroundings, because the partyers leave their trash (garbage, lawn chairs, tents, everything) all over the whole area.
Also, there's the noise level: I'm currently sitting in my bedroom with the windows closed, and I can hear the thumpa-thumpa-boom as though it's right in the room with me. Did I mention it's two miles away?
Gah. :-P

3. PMS.  And I don't think anyone wants any more details than that! I'm certainly not gonna provide any.

NAME THREE THINGS YOU'RE PLEASED ABOUT RIGHT NOW:

1. Karen's birthday! Today was Frau's birthday, and a great time was had by all! Today's theme words were coffee, cake, and karaoke...a stupendous combination, I daresay! ;o)


Thanks for letting us spend the day with you, Karen! Happy Birthday!

2. Poetry.  I have written 15 poems this year already, which is twice the number that I wrote last year. Yeah, yeah, I know, I need to be working on my novel, not writing poetry. Well, I can't help it. The words are there, they've gotta come out! ;o) Since I've been so prolific lately, and since I think my poetry is maturing somewhat, I'm thinking seriously about looking into publishing. I have no idea how to go about it; the only publishing I've researched has been in regard to novels. Poetry is a whole new area for me. So I might be re-visiting this topic sometime soon, after I have more info.

3. Michelle. Last but not least, Michelle is a free online game I found out about from the game's programmer, who also plays chess at Chessworld (see link at right somewhere). It's a strategy game, the object of which is to eliminate all the yellow dots from the playing grid. It took me a couple of rounds on the "Easy Peasy" level to get the hang of it, but now I'm up to "Pretty Tricky." This is the kind of game that *is* pretty tricky for me, because my brain doesn't automatically work that way! So it's a good challenge.
I highly recommend this game--it's a lot of fun!--but be forewarned: Michelle is addictive!

Well, I guess that's all for now. That's "all"--it's good and plenty, as far as I'm concerned! ;o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irritated:
1. My back. I've had back trouble (officially) since my junior year in high school. Lately, it's been a real *pain* though. Ha ha.
2. My mountain of clean laudry in my beautiful green chair. Let's just say you can't see much green..... but at least it's clean... :)
3. The stupid CAPS button on my keyboard keeps coming on during this comment post. Guess I need to cut my fingernails!

Pleased:
1. Alex is playing and talking with no one holding him! That hardly happened with the other two. :)
2. We have new DVD holders thanks to an irritating trip to IKEA yesterday. You should have an in-between category :)
3. I'm pleased with the life God has given me and the people he's put around me--family and friends alike. You may have been looking for something smaller, but there it is, loud and clear.

thegermanygirl said...

No, I wasn't looking for anything in particular--just whatever came to people's minds. ;o) I hope you're not the only one who decides to share!
Sorry about your back. My back troubles aren't "official"...but they're frequent enough for me to have a "feel" for how debilitating they can be. :oP
I gitcha about the fingernails/typing problem, too. I actually thought of bewailing my fingernail woes on a blogpost. ;o) Seriously, though, I'm glad to have this problem, finally! I've never been able to keep nails this long before. Unless they were fake. ;o)